Table of Contents
Before you start
Make sure that the lighting is sufficient to check the positioning of the paper while you hang it. The product can be repositioned if it moved slightly during placement. You can simply readjust it and continue. Make sure that the room where you are going to apply the MyCollection card has a temperature of at least 12°C.
If you use an adhesive paste on the walls, make sure there is sufficient ventilation.
Clean the surface to be taped with a hard bristle brush to remove dust and any residue. All traces on the surface must be cleaned using a non-aggressive cleaning solution. Let the cleaning solution dry completely before placing the MyCollection paper. Any kind of mould on the surface must be washed with a stain remover and a fungicide, using the instructions on the product label. Allow to dry completely before placing the MyCollection paper. Holes, fissures and any type of surface defect must be filled with a good quality putty and then made smooth and then left to dry. Don’t forget: a completely dry surface is essential, so if repairs are needed be patient! And let it dry.
The application of a fixative is always recommended.
A) Absorbent surfaces without coating (plasterboard)
Apply a layer of good quality acrylic fixative by dissolving it in water following the instructions. Let it dry completely. Now, coat the wall with MyCollection paper using the glue, treating only one panel at a time.
B) Absorbent surfaces with coating
Very important! Multiple layers can alter the porosity of the surface and damage the adhesion. The glue does not grip on oil paint. Make sure that all surfaces are dry. Apply a layer of good quality acrylic fixative by dissolving it in water according to the instructions. Let it dry completely. Now coat the wall with MyCollection paper using the glue, treating only one panel at a time.
C) Non-absorbent surfaces (wood and wood products)
Very important! If the surface is concrete or concrete, or if it is unstable, please consult the painter. It is essential that capped, patched or absorbent surfaces are made smooth and even in terms of colour and absorption capacity using a similar pigmented oil paint. Now apply MyCollection paper to the surface with the help of high tak glue.
MyCollection paper laying techniques
- Remove all socket masks and light points that you will reassemble when the work is finished.
- Place the print on a table with the image facing down.
- Apply plenty of glue to the back of the print, evenly and continuously; fold the print back onto itself and let it soak for approx. 15 minutes.
- Also apply the adhesive to the surface to be covered using a roller with medium fluff and allow the adhesive to settle for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Attention, it is important that the first panel is positioned perfectly vertical, help yourself with a plumb line or take certain references.
- Apply the printed panel and with a flexible PVC squeegee or with a short, hard bristle brush apply pressure with up and down movement; make it adhere to the wall, taking care not to press too hard so as not to release the glue.
Cleaning and maintenance
The MyCollection card can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Disconnection and removal
The MyCollection card can be removed dry without damaging the wall surface (provided that the wall surface is stable or made stable before application). The porous structure of the MyCollection paper can tear when it is removed, and it can remain on the surface. You can easily remove the pieces of paper that have remained stuck together, using hot water mixed with household detergent and with the help of a scraper.